The CDTA Alberta Branch is a registered Society offering a wide range of certification programs for professional dance teachers and student examination programs in many disciplines.
The Disciplines offered are:
- Stage including Tap, Acro and Jazz
Level of Membership:
- Patron: A friend of the Alberta Branch
- Affiliate: is a teacher in training, can attend all CDTA functions, is not allowed to vote in the Alberta Branch
- Associate: has the right to vote in the Alberta Branch. Is qualified to teach at the Junior Syllabus Level, must be 18 and over
- Member: has the right to vote in the Alberta Branch, Is qualified to teach at the Junior and Senior Syllabus Level, must be 21 and over
- Life Member: is given the recognition by the Branch Executive fore having contributed to the Branch for 30 consecutive years as a professionally qualified member.
- Honorary: is one who has performed outstanding serviced to the Association, or, whose outstanding achievements have warranted the recognition. Approval by the National Board of Directors is required after nomination by the Branch Executive.
The website has a section for each Division of the Branch and contains information on becoming a member as well as the student examination services provided to members.
Membership in the CDTA has many benefits:
- Networking with other dance professionals in various disciplines
- You will become part of a National Association with Branches across Canada
- The Association will be celebrating 65 years in 2014
- You will have opportunities to become involved in creating and maintaining syllabus and standards
click on the link for the Summer Intensive Registration Form and Schedule